The big news today is that an AdSense publisher with a PhD sued Google after being kicked out of the program for clicking on her own ads. Why is she suing? Well for a couple reasons, but she claims she spent 100 hours adding the Adsense ads to her site – 100 hours!!! Ha ha. Also, a reminder, we will be conduction the first edition of the Search Pulse this coming Tuesday at 5pm (EST), make sure to tune in! TrueLocal launched their Canadian version of the site. I posted a beginners guide to Google AdWords. I also covered tips on getting into local engines as well as understanding the popular Digg.com. Matt Cutts shocked the SEO industry by saying that keywords in URLs help. Ask.com added smilies to their Smart Answer product. I also covered a post on a WordPress plugin that beautifies AdSense ads. Finally, there is an excellent WebmasterWorld thread where they rank Google, Yahoo and Microsoft’s PPC engines on eight different factors.
Search Engine Roundtable Topics:
- Bradley Sues Google AdSense Over Ban & Violation of TOS – You kidding me?
- AdSense Beautifier for WordPress – ooo pretty
- Ranking Google AdWords, Yahoo! Search Marketing & Microsoft adCenter – looks kinda spammy that post
- TrueLocal Launches Canadian Local Search Engine – love the design
- Beginner to Google AdWords? – useful to some
- The Search Pulse Live, Sept. 5th at 5PM EST – exciting!
Search Engine Watch Topics:
- Tips On Getting Listed In Local Search Results – useful
- Understanding Digg.com – good work Vwag
- Keywords In URL May Help Rankings, Google’s Matt Cutts Says – wow! more here
- Google Uses AdWords Conversion Data To Fight AdSense Fraud? – Punch Out!
- Ask.com Adds Emoticons Or Smiley To Smart Answers – Cute Answers