LED KippahHave to thank Judah over at Diamond Vues for spotting this puppy.

LEDKippah.com is selling Kippah’s, the thing some Jews wear on their heads, with scrolling LEDs on them.

A Kippah (כִּפָּה), also known as a yarmulka (יאַרמלקע) is a head covering for a Jewish male. You see it on my cartoon picture above. They came in various colors, styles, sizes and fabrics.

This is the first geeked out one I have seen. So guess what? I ordered one.

They are pretty expensive, but I figured – I’ll splurge on this one.

1 – 5 Pieces $20
6 – 24 Pieces $18
25 – 50 Pieces $16
51 – 100 Pieces $15
101+ Pieces $14.50

I think shipping is $10.

I’ll let you know when I get it and Ill post some head-shots.

1. Tamar Weinberg

Too bad they’re mukzeh on Shabbos!

btw – I’m still trying to figure out what that particular LED says on the attached picture (and even the enlarged one on your Flickr photostream)

2. Barry G.

“So how much can I pay you to wear it with a scrolling, rustybrick.com ad on your kippah?”

Make me an offer I can’t refuse!

3. Mlynn

I just saw this kippah at the Purim carnival here and ordered some at ledkippah.com. They are for my son’s Bar Mitzvah. They are so much fun, everyone will love them. Will be worth the expense when my son sees his name in lights.

4. rdolly

I couldn’t get my hands fast enough on these cool kippot. I just purchased 6 dozen of these kippot for a surprise 50th anniversary party for my parents. They all will be programmed for this specail event. Thank you who ever came up with this incredible idea. Great idea for any type of advertisements. Loven it!!!

5. gerry

Hello there Barry Schwartz. I saw your blog today Friday April 20, 2007. I want to help you order the kippot. Surprised that you have not recieved your order. I Have been very successful in purchasing mine. Please feel free to email me at:
    gershmeister@rcn.com

6. Dovid Stern

Anybody know how I can contact customer service there. I placed an order but need to make a change and there is no phone number.

Please email me dovid1111@yahoo.com with any information.

thanks,
    Dovid

7. Derek

I am writing an article for The Jewish Journal about these kippot, so if anyone has a personal story about them please email it to me at dschlom@sbcglobal.net and we can keep in touch.