Before I got married, I did not spend much on my credit card. But that has all changed. Being married now for about 10 months, I have decided to start earning “points” on my credit card. I currently use a Quicken CitiCard (which was at risk), so I added points to it shortly after I got married.
After getting married and moving to a new community, I met this guy who I have become friendly with. His name is actually Barry S. also, but we are not related… This guy is a mile and credit card rewards guru. He gave me tons of tips, all of which I could not remember. I finally convinced him to start a blog, which I am hosting for him. The name of the blog is The Miles Pimp, yea the domain http://www.milespimp.com/ was available, so I told him to snag it.
Today he posted about a really good rewards card from Citi Cards. It is named the Citi PremierPass® Card – Elite Level. This card it chock full of unbelievable awards, according to the Miles Pimp (love that name)…
- You get 15,000 points right after you make your first purchase
- Get a free ticket companion ticket for each “round-trip Coach Class excursion-fare ticket with your card for $299”
- Earn double points for every dollar spent at “supermarkets, drugstores, gas stations, commuter transportation and parking merchants”
- Earn 1 point for every dollar spent anywhere else
- 1 point for every mile you fly on any airline plus for anyone else who flies with a ticket you bought on that credit card
- No Blackout Dates
- and tons of other features and services
This card actually seems a heck of a lot better than my Platinum American Express Business Card. But for now, I have way too many points on the AMEX to switch over. I’ll switch over to this just for my personal card.
I am so happy my friend started this blog, imo, it is worth subscribing to.