250px-BatmanRobinI am pretty excited, I actually hired a person to help me with my day to day stuff at RustyBrick. I guess a sidekick, if you will. Who is this person? Well, I won’t say until this he or she starts working at RustyBrick.

There was no real job opening for this position. I received an email last week asking if the person’s skills can be of use to me. I said, I am not sure, so we meet on Sunday morning to discuss. After interviewing the applicant, I decided to make an offer yesterday.

The applicant accepted.

What will be the roles of this “sidekick” position? Honestly, I am not a 100% sure yet. I am hoping that this individual will help me with the stuff I do every day and maybe even more. So far, I think the roles will be:

I won’t be spilling the name of this new hire. I can say, this person has been recently out there in the industry, blogging and writing articles that you may have read. So the name might not be new to you. But I know this person has tons of potential and can grow tremendously in a short time.

It is funny that I am very excited about this, when less than a week ago, I had no idea a position like this was even open.

1. Lee Odden

Congrats Barry! To be honest, I don’t know how it is that you do all that you do anyway. I just assumed there were some RustyBrick gnomes working away in the wee hours. šŸ™‚

2. Judah

Barry,

CONGRATS!

You deserve it and amen to Lee O’s previous sentiments…

Just feeling a bit upset right now..since I was admittedly angling for exactly that type of position with you….woulda done a darned good job too…aww shucks… šŸ˜‰ šŸ˜‰ šŸ˜‰

3. Caydel

I’m curious who you hired! I hope this eases your workload a bit – you seem to always be bust with something!

For what it’s worth, you forgot a key duty on your list up there:

Designated Coffee Guy

Thanks Guys.

Judah, didn’t know you were looking for work. šŸ˜‰

Caydel, I don’t drink coffee, but also, I can never see myself have someone else get me coffee.

5. Dorian

Why don’t you have them start by moving back to the old SEOroundtable design.

Have you noticed that the readership has dropped off since the change?

Readership has actually increased since the redesign.

May I ask what you don’t like about it?

I mean I have asked for feedback when we launched and 99% of it was positive.