Last night I bought a Whistler Radar Detector from Woot. I always wanted a radar detector.
I know it is not 100% but I’ll take any advantage. I also believe they are illegal in the great state of CT?
Feature set for this puppy:
– All Band Protection – detects all radar, laser and safety radar systems including the Safety Warning System.
– Selectable All Band – user can delete one or all of the laser/radar bands.
– 360° Total Perimeter Protection – detects signals wherever they come from – no gaps in your protection.
– VG-2 Cloaking Technology – alerts you to the presence of VG-2 police surveillance.
– NOAA Weather Radio (NWR) – receives all seven (7) of the NWR radio channels to warn you of inclement weather conditions
– Easy-to-Understand Real Voice – keeps you informed and allows you to keep your eyes on the road ahead.
– High Visibility Text Display – provides over 60 easy-to-read messages.
– Vehicle Battery Saver – automatically shuts off your detector if you forget.
– Laser wavelength: 905 +/- 10 nanometers
– Radar frequencies: 10.5 – 10.55 GHz (X-band), 24.05 – 24.25 (K Band), 33.4 – 36 GHz (Ka Superwideband)
– NOAA frequencies: 162.4 – 162.55 MHz