Sad news people.

I found this outside my office building, pretty much, just about where my office window lines up.

Dead Bird

Yes, sad. I found it lying there, dead, on it’s back, with those little feet up in the air.

I have this issue, Birds Fly Into My Office Window way too often. But I believe this is the first dead one I saw outside of my office.

So sad.

1. birdie

that is very sad
    i hope u gave it the right burial or atleast take it home to the wife and ask her to cook it or display it somewhere in the house

SHE WOULD love it i bet

What a sad day for Rustybrick

2. JLH

It could just be a glitch. I’d give it some time and see if it gets better. If that doesn’t work go over it with a fine tooth comb and file a reconsideration request.

3. Bird Activist

I like what everyone is saying about the birdie
    but the bird does have feelings and i think we should stop until its burried properly

Barry please send us the info we need so we can attend the funeral and have a proper burial for it. Please tell us where the after party will be also

thanks so much and thanks alot for caring

your birdt activist foundation

4. Susan Esparza

He’s not pining. He’s passed on. He is no more. He has ceased to be. He’s expired and gone to meet his maker. He’s a stiff. Bereft of life, he rests in peace. His metabolic processes are now history. He’s off the twig. This is an ex-bird.

Of course you could always try flashing his BIOS and see if that helps.

5. JLH

Perhaps the bird just went supplemental and it just needs more links?

Did you try the site:bird/& command to check it’s status?

6. CRUEL PEOPLE U ARE

U guys are all so mean
    there is a dead bird out there and all u guys are doing is poking fun
    NOW stop and sit and CRY like u should
    anyone of u guys would cry if a human died liked that
    SO NOW STOP AND THINK OF UR LIFE AND BE HAPPY U DIDNT PLOP INTO A WINDOW

7. Ben Pfeiffer

Pretty bird. This happens often at my house, but mostly its just dumb overly large doves and mockingbirds that are run into my windows. Usually it just confuses them quite a bit.

8. David Wallace

We have three huge windows in our living room which look out on the patio. Every once in awhile we hear a “thud” up against the glass which means a bird had assumed they could fly right into the house. None of them have ever died yet as a result. Some are pretty dirty and leave a big dust spot on the glass.

9. summer

Whether others are making light of this or not, to whose original blog this is, IF you are Truly concerned about the birds that keep flying into your windows-office or not.. why dont you ask about getting permission to put some kind of decals, or frosting the windows in such a way that the birds can tell they are windows, and not open to fly through- Into! Start a campaign, get others in the building interested in helping those poor birds. That would be the Compassionate thing and right thing to do, at least give it a really good Effort!! Its LIFE!!! or death… we all have to help one another- animal and human. I feel sad for those posting with such non concern for the birds lives but to try to be funny.