Daily Search Coverage:
Google received rights to a spam patent application. Is Google selling PageRank? Google malware problem is solved, for now but search spam is a serious issue. Google fixed AdWords diagnostic tool bug. Should you place ampersands in the title tag? PDFs get contextual ads. Gore’s site gets spammed. PubCon and SES coverage schedules are up. Google Sitelinks were updated. Google Experimental offers digg voting style. Yahoo Search Marketing ads a campaign bid tune up feature.
Search Engine Roundtable Topics:
- Google Spam Patent Explorer: “Identifying Manipulated Articles”
- Google Selling PageRank 7 Links on Google.com Domain
- Fake .CN Google Spam “A Huge” Malware Problem
- Google Says AdWords Diagnostic Tool Bug Now Fixed
- What is the Best Format for an Ampersand in the Title Tag?
- Make Money From Your PDFs: Yahoo Teams up with Adobe
- Al Gore’s Website Hacked by Spammers
- Are You a Blogger Going to Pubcon? Show Tickets Available!
- Pubcon’s Wednesday Night Activity: Werewolves
- Search Engine Roundtable Conference Coverage: December 2007 Package (SES Chicago and Las Vegas Pubcon)
- Google Sitelinks Update on November 29, 2007
Search Engine Land Topics:
- Search Spam Is Getting More Dangerous Every Day
- Directly Influence Your Google Search Results At Google Experimental
- Yahoo Contextual Ads To Power “Ads For Adobe PDF”
- Yahoo Search Marketing Adds Campaign Bid Tune-Up & More
Daily Link Finds:
This is the November 29th issue of a daily post that will contain links to commentary of the posts over at the Search Engine Roundtable. All links I find throughout the day that ad some commentary to the posts written over at the Search Engine Roundtable, will be in the Daily Link Finds. The purpose is two fold: (1) To help people find discussion around our articles and (2) To thank people for linking to us. How do I find these links? Only one way, via a Google Blog Search link command, so make sure that (1) you are in Google Blog Search and (2) link to us.
Daily Link Finds for November 29th, 2007:
- SearchCap: The Day In Search, November 28, 2007, Search Engine Land
- Adobe and Yahoo! Unveil Beta Of New Advertising Service For PDF Publishers (Adobe), Techmeme
- Adsense NONSENSE 0 penny clicks! – Page 2, Talk Arcades
- Barry Schwartz achieves ultimate goal!, Andrew R H Girdwood
- Congratulations To Barry Schwartz, Cre8asite Forums
- Do As I Say, Not As I Do, Butterfly Media Romania Blog
- Родные или свои 404 страницы, thisishot.org
- Google expunges malware sites from search results (Gregg Keizer/Computerworld), Techmeme
- Search Spam Is Getting More Dangerous Every Day, Search Engine Land
- Why Sphinn Matters So Much to Me, AIM Clear Blog