Convection Microwave OvenYesterday afternoon, I ran into a problem. I was hungry when I got back from work, my wife was out and I wanted to eat something. I opened the fridge and found a box of pizza bagels, yum yum.

So I took it out and I wanted to heat it up using our Convection Microwave Oven, I think it is this model. We were told to obtain this one, because it cooks like an oven, if you do not want to use your oven for small quick cooking.

So the pizza bagel was meant for this microwave. I would pop it in the microwave, and it would come out crispy and not soggy like most microwaves.

But I had an issue. It is a microwave. Do I use paper or tinfoil? If it is an oven and cooks like an oven, using paper can cause a fire. If it is a microwave and cooks like an oven, then using tinfoil would spark things and cause an electrical fire. What to do…

I decided to go with paper and watch it. If the paper starts to burn or get black, I would stop the thing and take it out. Guess what? I was right, the paper worked fine and the pizza bagels came out crisp and yummy.

Did I do the right thing? I still don’t know, but it worked.

Website Comments


    and now u know how to cook

    if u figure out a few more things then u can get rid of the wife becyase u wont need her

  2. Adam Snider

    I think convection microwave ovens are “metal-safe.”

    My parents have one, and it is safe to put metal in it. In fact, it even comes with a little over rack that goes inside, if you are, I don’t know, baking cookies, I guess?

    I’m not sure if this is true for all models, though, so you might want to look in your owner’s manual to make sure.

  3. Barry Schwartz

    The manual says to remove the metal racks when using the Microwave function.

    It says it wont blow up if you leave it in, but does say to remove them.

    So that is what confused me, mostly.

  4. andy

    Sparks in the microwave oven won’t cause an electrical fire, so don’t worry. Even if a tremendous amount of arcing were to occur, you’d notice it in PLENTY of time to prevent any damage. just push STOP.

    Here’s fun… Throw an AOL CD in the microwave for 3 seconds. POOF!! It’s a great display! The only problem is that it’s a bit smelly. Better try it with the old microwave just before it gets tossed.

  5. Hemalata Krishnan

    can i know how much is this microwave.
    the colour is nice.i wan exactly like this one.

  6. jim

    im sorry but yes if you put tinfoil in a microwave. it can cause a fire.. thats if your not smart enough to stop it befor that happens.

Post a comment