Daily Search Coverage:
The Google Directory was updated. Google pays back Australians. Microsoft does more fake spamming. TLDs and SEO. Customize your Google News page. AdSense kills IncrediMail. Put weather on Google Maps. Should you link build for bad sites? Get your SEO interview questions. Google Spain’s CEO fired? No Wikipedia or Google in the class! Liberty buys a huge chunk of IAC.
Search Engine Roundtable Topics:
- Google Directory Updated: Penalized PageRank Scores Not Visible
- Google Reimburses Australian and New Zealand Publishers
- Microsoft Live Search Continues Referral Spam Tests With MSLIVSOP?
- The Big Top-Level-Domain Debate: Are .com’s Better for SEO Purposes?
- How to Create a Customized Google News Page
- Google Stops Serving AdSense Ads on IncrediMail
- Google Maps Now Featuring Content from The Weather Channel
- Is it Worth it to Build Links for Bad Websites?
- Questions You Should Ask at an SEO Interview
Search Engine Land Topics:
- Isabel Aguilera, CEO of Google Spain & Portugal, Leaving
- Professor Bans Google & Wikipedia In Class Room
- IncrediMail Gets Crushed Financially By Google AdSense Ban
- Liberty Media Corporation Bought 14 Million Shares In IAC
Daily Link Finds:
This is the January 14th issue of a daily post that will contain links to commentary of the posts over at the Search Engine Roundtable. All links I find throughout the day that ad some commentary to the posts written over at the Search Engine Roundtable, will be in the Daily Link Finds. The purpose is two fold: (1) To help people find discussion around our articles and (2) To thank people for linking to us. How do I find these links? Only one way, via a Google Blog Search link command, so make sure that (1) you are in Google Blog Search and (2) link to us.
Daily Link Finds for January 14th, 2008:
- SearchCap: The Day In Search, January 11, 2008, Search Engine Land
- Yahoo Serving Images in Sponsored Search Listings (Loren Baker/Search Engine Journal), Techmeme
- Digg is Important even if you Hate it, Sly Marketing
- El pagerank del 2008 se estA actualizando, SEO Femenino
- Google Allows Local Addresses On PPC Ads, Pay Per Click Journal
- Help Me Judge The SEMMYs!, Local SEO Guide
- Jim Lanzone Leaves Ask to Join Redpoint Ventures as Entrepreneur in Residence , David Dalka
- #1 Ranking But No Traffic?, SEO HongKong
- Free Link for All at Wired How To’s, SEO Protege
- Google acknowledges Adword experiment with Local Address, Mike Blumenthal
- Google Checkout Trends: That’s Weird, Marketing Pilgrim
- Google Directory Updated from DMOZ Data?, WebProNews
- links for 2008-01-12, Brewed Fresh Daily
- Google PageRank Directory Clanger, Andy Beard
- New "AdSense Slider"?, mediadonis
- Page Rank Update 2008, SEOCompany.CA
- Recognizing Text on Images and Videos: Google Applies for Patent, SEO Hong Kong
- The Semmys – Highly Controversial Just As It Should Be, Andy Beard
- Webmasters Ponder PageRank Discrepancy, WebProNews