Daily Search Coverage:
Google blew up, so they swept it up. Ask is falling apart. Don’t block Google. Exact vs Broad match has been explored. Google allows beer ads. Alexa cares less about noarchive tag. PageRank dropped, request reconsideration. Ruth Kedar did the Google Logo. Check my video recap.
Search Engine Roundtable Topics:
- Video Recap of Weekly Search Buzz :: November 2, 2008
- Google Search Update Blows Up, Google Reverting Back Now
- Is Ask.com’s Web Search Technology Falling Apart?
- CSF (ConfigServer Security and Firewall) May Be Blocking GoogleBot
- Exact Match vs. Broad Match: Who Wins in the Google AdWords Auction?
- Google Encourages Drunken Behavior, Lets Advertisers Bid on Beer
- Alexa Ignores ‘noarchive’ Tag, Upsets Webmasters
- I Lost Google PageRank. Should I Submit a Reconsideration Request?
Search Engine Land Topics:
Daily Link Finds:
This is the November 3rd, issue of a daily post that will contain links to commentary of the posts over at the Search Engine Roundtable. All links I find throughout the day that ad some commentary to the posts written over at the Search Engine Roundtable, will be in the Daily Link Finds. The purpose is two fold: (1) To help people find discussion around our articles and (2) To thank people for linking to us. How do I find these links? Only one way, via a Google Blog Search link command, so make sure that (1) you are in Google Blog Search and (2) link to us.
Daily Link Finds for November 3rd, 2008:
- "Reality has a well known liberal bias" – Stephen Colbert, Peter Hamilton
- SearchCap: The Day In Search, October 31, 2008, Search Engine Land
- Google builds its war chest, MarketWatch
- Pandia Weekend Wrap-Up November 2, Pandia
- 9 Free Resources for Learning Search Engine Optimization, Cape Cod SEO
- Google search ranking changes ‘a blip’, DirectNews