I have been utilizing GoToMeeting pretty often these days. I had one major issue where I was unable to show my slideshows in presentation mode while using GoToMeeting and Apple Keynote. Whenever I flipped on presentation mode, the person on the other side would see black.

After some trouble shooting with the GoToMeeting support team, they said they know of a work around. So to save you all time, here is what you need to do.

(1) Open Keynote
(2) Go to the “Preferences” section
(3) Click on “Slideshow” tab
(4) Check off “Allow Exposé, Dashboard and others to use screen”

Keynote & GoToMeeting

Then GoToMeeting should show your presentation in presentation mode. Do keep in mind that the GoToMeeting presentation tool where people can ask questions, does not display to the presenter in presentation mode.

Hopefully this will help others with the same question.

1. Charles Himmer

p.s. Just for clarification your step 4 where you say “Check off” is confusing. Something like, make sure the box next to “…” is checked on would be clearer. Check off to me meant make sure it isn’t checked when in this case it needed to be checked.

Thanks again for posting this.

2. Brian Murphy

Excellent. Thank you for posting this. As stated above by Charles Himmer, bacon was saved by this tip.

3. Brian Campbell

Bacon all good here! I wish the support guy I talked to a few minutes ago knew about this…

4. Bruce

Hi, we had a similar problem whereby keynote would work and show the slides, but any slide changes were delayed by 5-10mins. All other applications presented very responsively, only keynote which was really slow to show to all attendees.

Any ideas as to how this could be sorted would be greatly appreciated.

5. Anders

Thanks a lot, now I don’t have to use Powerpoint for my presentation.

6. James

I’d just like to add my thanks to this. This is what the web is all about!

7. kenny

I’ve been trying to figure this out for over a year. I do a lot of sales webinars and always had to use Google Docs. Just tested it out and it works just as you say.

Thanks bud!